Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Please Pray for Josh and Rebecca Today.

If you're having trouble viewing this email, please click here.

Dear Friends and Prayer Warriors,

I often ask you to pray for us and our ministry in East Tennessee.  Today, I'm asking you to pray for my brother and his wife, who lost their firstborn child.



These are Josh's words:
"Today has been the darkest day of my life. Today was the first and last time I held my daughter. This morning, at 10am, my lovely wife delivered our 1 lb 2oz baby Cora Kimberly, whose heart had stopped beating sometime over the weekend. Grief, like a hurricane, swept in and racked my heart and soul today. My faith, such as it is, has been tested and retested over the last 36 hours. My strength failed. My hope failed. My spirit failed. But....but God has not failed. He has not forgotten. He weeps as I weep. He mourns because I mourn. He has endured all that I have and infinitely more. All so that a few might be redeemed and restored to him. I beg you, turn to Jesus. Turn and run to him with the same vigor that I would pursue Cora. My deepest prayer, my final hope for Cora, is that her life, her story, her ultimate purpose, would be to turn weary sinners like me to a deeper love for Christ. If his heart breaks for lost children the way mine has broken today, he must be God to endure it perpetually. I love you all, and would have you meet my Cora one day, perfected, radiant, and safe in the arms of the heavenly father who created her. God bless you all"

Their story is here:  http://joshandrebeccashrader.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment