Wednesday, January 11, 2017

On the Road Again...

If you're having trouble viewing the pics in this email, please click here. 


All geared up and ready to go out in the snow!
Dear Friends and Prayer Warriors,

I hope you had a blessed Christmas!  We enjoyed a few slower days around Christmas, and it was a much needed respite.  The Christmas service at West Hills was special.  We had a great turn out on Christmas Day, which was the first time this preacher had ever been in church on Christmas Day! Probably shouldn't admit that publicly.  God has been so good to us in 2016, we're excited to see what He does in 2017!

One of the unique things we're doing as a church is trying to read the Bible through together chronologically this year. Most of our folks have never read the whole thing, or done it once, so it'll be an exciting challenge.  Some are reading, some are listening to it on audio, but all are digging in!  On Sundays, I'm teaching one of the main passages from the previous weeks reading.  My goal is to help our folks understand the story of the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and why it matters in everyday life!

If I get the technology worked out, I may be able to post snippets of the stories along the way.  Speaking of technology, if you missed the year-end video update with the tour of West Hills in our facebook group, it is still there.  If you aren't in that group and would like to be, let me know.

Today I'm headed to Johnson City to visit Dorothy, who is one of the faithful saints at West Hills.  She had a heart attack yesterday.  It appears to have been minor. Doctors were able to repair the blocked artery.  She's 87, so recovery is likely to be slow.  I know she'd appreciate your prayers.

My brother Josh and his wife Rebecca are currently in Ethiopia adopting their son Ben.  It's been a 3 1/2 year process, and we are praising the Lord with them that the courts approved their adoption yesterday and they're on to trying to get the rest of his paperwork done so they can bring him home.  They'll be living in a hotel in Addis Ababa for the next couple of weeks trying to get that done. Please pray that the process proceeds smoothly and they're able to return to the US very soon!

Tomorrow I'll be driving to Texas for the Denton Bible Church missions conference!  It's always a joy to get to see people and share what God is doing in northeast Tennessee.  The drive is about 930 miles, so I appreciate your prayers as I travel.  Meredith and the kids will fly out to join me on Friday the 20th, and we'll all be driving back together on the 23rd.  We'd also appreciate it if you would pray for Meredith as she'll be wrangling our two little ones without me for a week. Meeme (Meredith's mom) is coming to stay with her and the kids while I'm out of town, which should be a treat for the kids.

For those of you in Texas, I hope to see you soon! I look forward to connecting with you over the next next two weeks.  I'll be in the lobby at DBC this Sunday morning!

Eloise loved trying to catch falling snowflakes!

Lily loved the snow!  Hosea tolerated it in small doses!


Kids throwing snow to Eloise!

She's the REAL snow angel :)

My other snow angel! 

This crazy lady wanted to go out and take pictures in the snow.  It was 19 degrees.
But she was right (as usual).  The pictures turned out stunning!



We love you all! We hope you enjoyed some snow this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment